Lab of Bioinformatics and Molecular Design
- Bioinformatics group in Research Center of Women’s Diseases at Sookmyung Women’s
University is recruiting enthusiastic and talented computational scientist and graduate students.
- Minimum 2 years for graduate student, and 1 year for the scientist position.
- MS and Ph.D. programs are only open to female students but the scientist position is open to everybody.
- Downtown area of Seoul, South Korea
- Easy access to various cultural activities, restaurants and shopping
- For both scientist and grad student position, we provide competitive salary (DOE), PhD-level scientists can expect >$35,000 (US dolloar) plus alpha. Health insurance.
- Tuition remission and stipend of >$18,000 are provided to Ph.D. students.
- Scientist position is open until filled
- Application for grad programe should contact us at least 5 month before the semester starts (new semesters start on March and September 1st).
- Various computational projoects, Database construction, Virtual chemical screening, Experimental molecular biology work
- 1. Strong C/C++, JAVA and/or Perl Programming skill
- 2. Application of various machine learning algorithms to biological data analysis
- 3. Experience on the application of molecular docking and scoring AND/OR 2D/3D chemical descriptors to drug discovery projects
- 4. Experimental molecular biology skills
- Strong candidates should have at least two or more of the above requirements.
- Excellant command of English or Korean
- Fast learner
Last update : Oct. 17, 2012